Professional Development Scholarships
Please submit a letter of need and request for funding from our Scholarship Committee. Requests are taken on a first come first serve basis. Scholarships are given with CRPA programs in priority.
Scholarships will only cover up to 80% of a CRPA event/training/education (not to exceed $250), with the remaining 20% to come from alternative funding. Other non-CRPA programs will be funded up to 50% of the fee for event/training/education (not to exceed $150) .Each year between January 1st and December 31st a maximum of $1,500 is awarded in scholarship money. (amount reviewed annually). .
Money may be applied toward:
- State conference registration
- Regional conference registration
- National conference registration
- Even Your CPRP Exam Fee.
Money will be given out as a reimbursement after completion of conference or exam. These scholarships are designed especially for professionals in the Parks and Recreation field to help them pursue professional development.
Applicants must be a current member of CRPA at the time of application. They must provide a letter of application which indicates the purpose for which the scholarship is being requested, and the amount needed; an explanation of the benefits to be gained both personally and professionally by receiving the scholarship; number of active years of service in the parks, recreation and leisure field; and the degree of past involvement in CEU and/or CRPA activities.
Submit application letters to Professional Development Scholarship Fund, c/o the CRPA office.